The CHQ Office Bearers,
Circle Secretaries/Divisional Secretaries/Branch Secretaries.
First of all the undersigned is happy to inform you that our very pious and religious festivals like DUSHEHRA, DURGA POOJA , ID, DEWALI, CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR, are approaching very near and for that I wish you very happy and prosperous in all spheres of your life and all your family members as well.
1. Financial position of NFPE: As regards financial position, there is huge decline for receipt of quota resulting difficult to meet day to day expenditure. If situation remains, the financial position will go from bad to worse. In this situation it is advised to donate Rs 10/- per member on payment of bonus /DA. This would help to augment financial position. Despite this all divisional secretaries are requested to remit their arrear and regular quota so that financial position could be bridged up to a great extent.
2. Financial position of CHQ: Now it is mentioned that the CHQ has to meet the unexpected expenditures on: POSTMEN Ki AWAZ ( Heavy exp. on postage due to non-registration, Strike tour programme in connection with one day token strike on 12.12.2012.and Formation of GDS(NFPE) union in all circle, purchase of new Computer for CHQ as Old computer available creates problems in its functions, Tamilnadu Court Case In order to meet the above unexpected expenditure, CHQ finds difficult to maintain financial position. To meet such expenditure all members are requested to donate Rs 20/- per head as special contribution on disbursement of BONUS/DA which are likely to be disbursed within a week or so.
3. Filling up vacant posts of Postmen /MTS and allied cadres like Sorting postmen, Mail Overseers, Cash Overseers, Head postmen and L.R staff at the rate of 10%.in each case against the sanctioned establishment.. Orders have been issued by the DG (Posts) to all Head of the Circles to fill up vacant posts including likely to be vacant upto December 2013. In this connection all need to be alerted , specially divisional Secretaries/Branch Secretaries to see whether all the said posts upto Dec 2013 have been included for recruitment.
4. Provisioning of Cycle for all postmen staff by the Department of Posts has been approved. In this connection Committee including GS as one Member has been approved. The sample and designed prepared has been approved with some other alterations in the mode. Next meeting has been proposed to be held on 26.10.2012. It is hoped that new model cycle will be given to the postmen staff during the first week of January 2013.
5. Supreme Court Case: This is regarding grant of pay scale of Rs 3050/- to postmen cadre wef 01.01.1996 instead of 10,10,1997. The case is lying pending in Supreme Court. As ascertained from the Advocate, the case is likely to be heard in the month of December 2012, which would positively be decided in favour of our postmen staff. The result as and when known will be informed to all concerned/published in our journal.
6. Orders on enhancement of 7% DA (65% to 72%) & Bonus: DA orders have been issued and orders on Bonus are likely to be issued very shortly, i.e., within two or three days.
7. GDS (NFPE): As all are aware that the Old ED Union was no longer working in the interest of their workers. They were laundering the money for nothing but creating tyrannical and unwarranted situation among the members. It was working on selfish mottos. In order to get rid of this situation, New GDS(NFPE) union has been formed at Amaravati In this connection it was unanimously resolved during CWC meeting held on 21 and 22 July 2012. at Trivandrum (Kerala) that all our (P-4) members and specially Divisional Secretaries will support GDS(NFPE) union and any member who was found supporting old ED union will be dealt under anti union activities. In order to strengthen GDS(NFPE) union all members are requested to act accordingly. NFPE (GDS) union should be supported at all costs.
8. Tamilnadu Court Case: Case of dispute has been resolved/dismissed. Fresh election has been conducted on 04.10.2012 at Chennai under the Presidentship of Com R.Seethalaxmi (Vice-President CHQ).and in the presence of Com D.B Mohanty (Org. Secretary CHQ).. Com. G.Kanan and Com.V.Rajendaran have been elected as Circle President and Circle Secretary respectively.
9. Sale of English Guide: CHQ has published English Guide containing constitution of the union and other rules as also some important information required in our day to day work. There is sufficient stock of books. As such these will be despatched to the Divisional Secretaries by the CHQ on the basis of membership strength. No Divisional Secretary will return the VPP undelivered. This may please be noted.
10. Remittance of Arrear quota: All are directed to clear their arrear of quota within a month otherwise CHQ will be compelled to take action as per our constitution which would be not in the interest of all. Regular remittance of quota on the basis of membership is highly necessary in order to augment our financial position and avoidance unnecessary correspondence at all levels
11. Strike tour: Strike tour for one day token strike on 12.12.2012 has been given in NFPE/CHQ website for information of all concerned. In this connection all are directed to be present in their station as per date and time published with almost all available staff to strengthen and support for successful strike. This is very important for our further action to achieve goals
. 12. Lengthy Postmen Beats: The matter relating to lengthy beats is lying pending with DG(Posts) as the action regarding actual measurement of beats is not be done by the Divisions approx by all circles. In this connection, it is advised that all Divisional Secretaries will look into the matter seriously. In this regard actual measurement of lengthy beats should accurately be measured by the concerned postman with the available help( i.e.Motor Cycle or Scooter etc.).. The details of lengthy beats be submitted to the Divisional Heads with copy to their Circle Secretary for further necessary action with the Head of the Circle.