MEMORANDUM TO SECRETARY POSTS ON
7th PAY COMMISSIONS RELATED ISSUES
POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
No.PF-PJCA/2016 Dated: 09th February, 2016
Department of Posts’
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110 001
Sub: Settlement of Pay Commissions related issues: regarding
1. The Finance ministry has constituted an implementation cell which will function as the Sectt. of the empowered Committee headed by Cabinet Secretary in which Secretary , Department of Post is also a member.
2. As per the minutes of implementation cell held on 2nd February, Nodal Officers from our Department has not attended, it is reliably learnt.
3. The implementation cell has fixed two weeks time for submission of any Departmental specific Modification on 7th CPC recommendations but it is learnt that Nodal Officer appointed by the Department is out of Delhi and will be returning after 12th February , by that time, there will be 4 days time left for cutoff date fixed by implementation cell..
4. Further minutes says that any modification recommended by the Secretary Posts should be approved by the Minister (C) also before submission to implementation cell. We feel that if action is not taken on war footing it will be impossible for the Postal Department to submit modification proposal to the implementation cell after completing all the above formalities before the cutoff date
5. Regarding Cadre Restructuring also if orders are not issued before implementation of Pay Commissions report, there is every chance of returning the proposal by DOP&T for resubmission after signing fresh agreement taking in to consideration the 7th CPC orders issued by the Government.
In view of the above we request you to kindly act immediately to safe guard the interests of Postal Employees without giving room for any delay or omission or commission on the part of Postal Department.
We have decided certain agitational programmes on which we will be giving a separate memorandum on 11th March 2016.
(D. Theagarajan) (R.N. Parashar)
Secretary General Secretary General