National Federation of Postal Employees
1st Floor North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001
Phone: 011.23092771 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 9718686800/9319917295 website: http://www.nfpe.blogspot.com
No. PF-Covid-19/2020 Dated: 07th May, 2020
Department of Posts,
Dak Bhawan ,
New Delhi-110 001
Sub: Mandatory opening of Postal Staff Salary Accounts in IPPB.
It has been brought to our notice that most of the CPMGs and Supdts. are issuing order for opening of Salary Accounts in IPPB mandatorily .
Earlier the staff was given unrealistic and unscientific target to open more and more accounts in IPPB.
It is not understood as to why department is putting so much pressure on staff for IPPB which has been declared as a Private Bank by the Ministry of Finance Dept. of Financial Services Circular no. F. no. 12/1/2020-BO II dated -9/4/2020.
Why dept. wants to destroy POSB which is one of the major source of revenue to dept. while IPPB is utilizing the whole infrastructure of dept. of post and officials engaged there are not doing any ground work.
Besides this there are following deficiencies and difficulties to the staff to open salary accounts in IPPB, which require attention to be resolved:
1. IPPB gives very low rate of interest on SB A/C i.e. 2.75% per annum , and limit of maximum deposits is only is Rs. 1 lakh. Those who are taking salary more than 1 lakh how their salary will be transferred.
2. There is no direct internet banking facilities through IPPB A/C .Therefore it is not possible to make payment of EMI for the various loans taken from other nationalized banks and payment of credit cards and other online payments cannot be done.
3. There is no ATM facility in IPPB A/C and no cheque facility.
4. Transfer of more than 1 lakh is not possible.
5. There is no provision of linking joint POSB A/Cs.
6. It is not user friendly due to continuous server issues. Failure server is common as being of faced in CBS, CIS &CSI.
7. No passbook is issued for IPPB A/C. One Smartphone is required to operate IPPB A/C which every official is not having.
Keeping in view the above all facts, we would like to urge upon you that it should not be made mandatory. It should be made voluntary and staff should be mobilized to open the accounts voluntarily after redressal of above mentioned difficulties and problems.
It is therefore requested to kindly cause necessary action in this regard so that the staff should not feel harassed and their genuine problems should be kept in mind.
Hoping for an early and positive action