Proposal to 7th CPC: 3.7 multiplication factor, Minimum Wage of Rs.26000/-, 5% Increment rate, 5 promotions, HRA - 60%,40%,20%, Wage ratio 1:8, CEA for Higher Studies, Minimum Pension 67%
JCM Delegation proposed before the 7th Central Pay Commission: Open Ended Pay Scale, 3.7 multiplication factor, Minimum Wage of Rs.26000/-, 5% Increment rate, 5 promotions, HRA - 60%,40%,20%, Wage ratio 1:8, CEA for Higher Studies, Minimum Pension 67%....
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI - 110 055 Affiliated to
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF)
Minimum Wage of Rs.26000/- and Open Ended Pay Scales
JCM DELEGATION PROPOSED BEFORE THE 7TH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION
During 2 days deliberations on 23rd & 24th March, 2015, the JCM (Staff Side) delegation have pleaded before the 7th Central Pay Commission to recommend minimum wage of Rs. 26,000/- per month on the basis of 15th ILC Norms/Aykroyd Formula. Some of the important submissions made before the Pay Commission are listed below:
- Wage ratio between the lowest and highest should be 1:8.
- Revised pay scales and allowances should be given effect from 01/01/2014.
- 3.7 multiplication factor should be applied to arrive at the revised pay. Special Pay concept should be restored back.
- HRA should be revised to 60%, 40% and 20% of pay for ‘X’ ‘Y’ and ‘Z’ class localities/cities respectively.
- Children Education Allowance should be revised and extended to cover higher studies also.
- Increment rate should be 5% of pay.
- Five promotions during service.
- Special Duty Allowance for North Eastern Region be revised to 37-1/2%.
- House Building Amount should be increased and interest rate should be reduced.
- 6th CPC Anomalies may be got addressed through a special mechanism.
- Flexi timings for women employees besides additional leave facilities etc.,
- Pay Commission was urged to recommend parity in Pension.
- Minimum Pension should be fixed at 67% of last pay drawn.
- Gratuity amount should be upwardly revised.
All the issues contained in the J CM memorandum were explained to the Commission with cogent logic, merits and Precedents. S/Shri M. Raghavaiah, Leader JCM (Staff Side), Guman Singh, NFIR President, R.P. Bhatnagar, Working President and BC. Sharma, Joint General Secretary have participated in the deliberations.
Dated : 28/03/2015 V
(Dr M. Raghavaiah)
Nomination of Comrade M.S. Raja as a Staff Side Member of Standing Committee of National Council (JCM) vice late Comrade S.K. Vyas has been approved by Secretary (Personnel) as Chairman of the Standing Committee of National Council (JCM).