NATIONAL SECRETARIAT DECISIONS
National Secretariat of the Confederation was held on 30.09.2016 at New Delhi under the Presidenship of Com. K. K. N. Kutty, National President. The following agenda items were discussed and decision taken. The meeting paid homage to Late Com. Desraj Sharma, Ex-Deputy Secretary General, NFPE and Ex-General Secretary, P-IV, who passed away on 24.09.2016 and observed two minute silence.
1. REVIEW OF THE 25TH NATIONAL CONFERENCE & NATIONAL WOMEN’S CONVENTION OF THE CONFEDERATION HELD AT CHENNAI FROM 16TH TO 18TH AUGUST 2016
Detailed review of the conference was conducted. Overall the conference was a grand success. For women’s convention, time constraint was there. It is decided that hereafter the women’s convention should be held separately for a full day (not alongwith All India Conference).
2. REVIEW OF THE 2ND SEPTEMBER 2016 GENERAL STRIKE
Organisation-wise and C-O-C wise review was conducted. The overall participation of the employees in the strike was good. Deferring of the 11th July NJCA strike and the holidays following the strike day has created some difficulties in organizing the strike in some departments. The percentage of participation was almost equal to the last year’s 2nd September 2015 strike.
3. REVIEW OF THE PROGRESS MADE IN SETTLEMENT OF NJCA CHARTER OF DEMANDS AND FINALIZATION OF FUTURE COURSE OF ATION AS PER THE DECISION OF THE 25TH NATIONAL CONFERENCE.
See circular No. 2/2016-19 issued separately.
4. NATIONAL EXECUTIVE MEETING TO BE HELD AT NEW DELHI ON 16TH DECEMBER 2016 – THE NEXT DAY OF THE 15TH DECEMBER PARLIAMENT MARCH
The National Secretariat decided that in order to conduct a detailed organizational review the National Executive meeting of the Confederation will be held on 16th December 2016 at New Delhi i.e, on the next day of Parliament March. National Secretariat Members, Chief Executives of all affiliated organisations having minimum 500 membership and General Secretaries of the C-O-Cs shall attend the national Executive meeting WITHOUT FAIL. All National Secretariat members, Chief Executives of affiliated organisations with 500 membership and General Secretaries of C-O-Cs are requested to book your return tickets only after 16th December meeting.
5. FINALISATION OF THE STRIKE DATE
National Secretariat authorized that available office bearers in the headquarters shall meet, in consultation will like minded organisations and decide the date of the strike.
6. FINANCIAL REVIEW
Financial Review will be made in the National Executive meeting to be held on 16th December 2016.
7. SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT TO THE PROPOSED TWO DAY STRIKE OF THE POSTAL EMPLOYEES ON 9TH & 10THNOVEMBER 2016.
National Secretariat decided to extend full solidarity and support to the two days strike of the Postal employees for GDS and casual labour demands. C-O-Cs shall organize demonstrations in front of all major Post office/RMS offices on 9th November 2016.
8. FILLING UP THE VACANT POST OF NATIONAL SECRETARIAT MEMBERS (ORGANISING SECRETARIES)
As decided by the 25th National Conference the National Secretariat decided to fill up the two vacant posts of organising secretaries by co-opting the following comrades.
1. Com. Subir Kumar Majumdar, General Secretary, C-O-C, Assam, Guwahati.
2. Com. P. S. Prasad, General Secretary, C-O-C, Karnataka, Bangalore.
Meeting ended at 5 PM.
Mob: 09447068125E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org