1. Receive the Parcel Bag in Postman Module and open the bag.
2. The parcel must be received as BPCOD/EPCOD.
3. Check the message file in InvoicingàCod ArticleàArticle for delivery.
4. If message file is not available, then log in as Super, in Tool MenuàRequest for COD message File. Scan the Article, and run the R-Net Communication.
5. The message file of the concerned COD should be available within 7 Days of the receipt of the COD Parcel.
6. If message is available, then first serve the intimation slips through the Postman.
7. The Parcel may be kept in Windows deposit or may be delivered through the Postman according to the limits prescribed for Postman.
8. If the parcel is delivered, then take return as DELIVERED, receive the amount in the Treasury Module, Verify the same by the Supervisor in submit account.
9. Then check the amount received by the Treasurer by viewing the Daily Account.
10. Run both the R-net Communication and e-Payment communication to transfer the amount to the Biller.
11. If the parcel is refused or un-claimed then return back the COD with suitable remarks and dispatch the parcel in the Despatch Module.
12. For BOs, the Sub Account PA should enter the COD amount under the respective Heads while doing the BO Daily Account Data Entry.
13. If the COD is returned by the Branch Offices, then return should be taken and COD should be returned in the Despatch Module.
14. If there is any ambiguity in Amount written and Amount appeared then, the said COD should be returned.
What will happen, if the message file is not received:--
1. If the message file is not received after 7 days of receipt, and the Costumer wishes to take the COD Then -
2. Make the article delivered to the Costumer and collect the prescribed amount.
3. Track the COD in India Post web site, not down the Booking office details.
4. Now the amount received from the Costumers need to be remitted only to the Booking office by Service EMO.
5. In the message space, enter the COD Number, Booking Date, Amount and Biller Name.
6. Write down the details in the COD register maintained in your office.
7. Log in as PA in Postman Module, Tools - Parcel COD disaster - Select the COD, enter the EMO number, amount, Date of booking and Remarks as Delivered.
8. Login as Super in Postman Module, Tools - Parcel COD Disaster Verification, Verify the COD. This will update the delivery status of the COD in the Web Page.
9. The Manually returned articles are also need to be entered in the COD disaster with the Remarks as Undelivered.
Two separate Registers should be maintained one for BPCOD and another for SPCOD. The disposal of all the COD Parcels should be entered in the register for future references.
Working Procedure of BPCOD/EPCOD and SPCOD articles in Delivery Post offices.
1. Receive the SPCOD parcel in the in the Speednet Module.
2. Transfer the SPCOD message file to the Meghdoot Postman under delivery menu.
3. Adopt the procedure laid down for BPCOD articles for Delivery in Postman module.
If the SPCOD article is to be returned back:--
1. Take return in the Postman Module.
2. Submit Account should be done in the Postman Module.
3. Execute the Speednet Communication to change the status of the SPCOD.
4. Open Speednet, Close the bag àScan the SPCOD for return back.
The disposal of each SPCOD should be entered in the SPCOD register maintained in your office whether it is delivered or undelivered.
1. Ensure that all the communication modules are in working condition.
2. R-Net Communication is used to Receive and transmit RL/PARCEL and COD.
3. e-Payment Client is used to transfer cash collected for COD billers.
4. Speednet Communication is used to Receive and Transmit Speednet and SPCOD data.
5. Check the BPCOD and SPCOD articles shown as deposit in the Postman module periodically.