Friday, September 12, 2014
Thursday, September 11, 2014
OSTPONEMENT OF LIMITED DEPARTMENTAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR INSPECTOR POSTS (66.66%) DEPARTMENTAL QUOTA AND LGO EXAMINATION FOR THE YEAR 2014
POSTAL JCA MEETING ON 25.09.2014
Postal JCA Meeting (NFPE & FNPO) will be held on 25.09.2014 at NFPE office, New Delhi at 04:00 PM. All General Secretaries of NFPE & FNPO affiliated unions/associations are requested to attend the meeting. Detailed review and planning regarding the successful implementation of the Nationwide agitational programmes of the Central JCA, especially the December 10th 2014 Parliament March, will be made in the meeting.
(R. N. Parashar) (D. Theagarajan)
Secretary General Secretary General
CONFEDERATION NATIONAL SECRETARIAT MEETING
The National Secretariat Meeting of the Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers will be held at New Delhi (NFPE office) on 26.09.2014 at 05:00 PM. All National Secretariat members available at Head Quarters are requested to attend the meeting. (The National Secretariat meeting held earlier has authorized the Head Quarters office bearers to finalize agitational programmes for realization of the Charter of Demands. This meeting is being held as per the above decision).
1. After reading our earlier website write up (Sl.2) on the above subject, some readers have sought the details of the case.
2. The facts of the case briefly stated are as under:
a) The VI CPC in para 5.1.47 of their report recommended that the fixation of revised pension as per the table given by them “will be subject to the provision that the revised pension, in no case, shall be lower than fifty percent of sum of the minimum of the pay in the pay band and the grade pay thereon corresponding to the prerevised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired”.
b) The Government of India in their Resolution No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 29-8-2008 accepted the above proviso by reproducing it per verbatim at item 12 of the statement showing the relevant recommendations and decision of the Government thereon (vide Annexure to the said Resolution).
c) In Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare O.M No.38/37/08 P&PW dated 1-9-2008 same proviso has been incorporated at para 4.2 thereof.
d) The Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare through their clarificatory O.M. No.38/37/08 - P&PW (A) pt. 1 dated 3-10-2008 however modified the para 4.2 of their OM dated 1-9-2008 as under:
The pension calculated at 50% of the minimum of pay in the pay band plus grade pay would be calculated (i) at the minimum pay in the pay band (irrespective of the prerevised scale of pay from which the pensioner is retired) plus grade pay corresponding to the prerevised pay scale.”
e) In other words in all cases it would be minimum pay of the pay band which would be taken and not the minimum pay in the pay band corresponding to the pre revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired.
f) This clarification was challenged by the Central Government SAG (S-29) Pensioners Association in Principal Bench of the Central Administrative Tribunal (vide O.A. No.655/2010). Hon’ble Tribunal in their order dated 1-11-2011 quashed the above clarificatory order of Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare dated 3-10-2008 and directed the respondents refix the pension of all pre 2006 retirees with effect from 1-1-2006 based on Government Resolution dates 29-8-2008.
g) Government of India challenged the above decision of the said Tribunal before Delhi High Court vide WP (C) No.1535/2012 which was dismissed by the High Court vide their order dated 29-4-2013 upholding the decision of the Tribunal.
Government of India then filed the following S.L. Ps etc.
(i) SLP (C) No.23055/2013 dismissed on 29-7-2013.
(ii) Review Petition (C) No.2492/2013 dismissed on 12-11-2013.
(iii) Curative Petition (C) No.126/2014 dismissed on 30-4-2014.
Thus the CAT verdict dated 1-11-2011 attained legal finality.
On 15-5-2014 the Hon’ble CAT Principal Bench New Delhi disposed of the contempt petition No.158/2012 directing the Union of India to implement the directions of the Tribunal expeditiously, preferably within three months”.
3. The Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare in their letter No.38/77-A/09-P&PW(A) dated 29-5-2014 written to the Secretary of Petitioner Associaiton (Central Govt. SAG (S-29) Pensioners Association) has stated that as per the directions of Hon’ble CAT their order dated 1-11-2011 is required to be implemented “only in respect of Petitioners in O.A. No.655/2010 and not in respect of all pre 2006 retirees as per the Tribunals order dated 1-11-2011.
There is no such direction that it should be implemented only in respect of Petitioners. May be that Government Advocate had indicated that Government is willing to implement the judgment qua petitioners but the Tribunal had disposed of the contempt Petition by directing the Union of India to implement their directions dated 1-11-2011 expeditiously.
4. It will not be out of place to mention here that in response to answer to Lok Sabha unstarred question No.3406 Govt. replied that the above directions of the CAT Principal Bench had already been implemented in respect of all pre 2006 retirees but from an arbitrarily fixed date of 24-9-2012 (vide Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare O.M. F.No.38/40/12 P&PW(A) dated 28-1-2013) This order was not restricted only to members of the Petitioners Association. Accordingly the direction to implement it wef 1-1-2006 issued by the CAT has to be implemented in respect of all pre 2006 retirees also.
UNITED TRADE UNION MOVEMENT NATIONAL PROTEST CONVENTION OF WORKERS ON 15-09-2014
- A meeting of the leaders of all central trade unions was held at INTUC headquarters, New Delhi on 7 August. Among those who participated in the deliberations included CITU general secretary Tapan Sen, MP, AITUC general secretary Gurudas Dasgupta, BMS general secretary Brijesh Upadhyaya, HMS general secretary Harbajan Singh Sidhu. The meeting was presided over by G.Sanjiva Reddy, president of INTUC.
- The Central Trade Unions strongly opposed FDI in insurance, defence and railways.
- The Central Trade Unions condemned the unilateral decision of Modi government to bring pro-employer labour law amendments; and Rajasthan state amendments of labour laws by Basundhara Raje government.
- The Central Trade Unions decided National Protest Convention of Workers in Delhi in early September 2014 to finalize country-wide action programmes; and more Rajasthan-centric militant united movement.
- The Central Trade Unions issued two joint statements.
National Protest Convention of Workers
Date : 15 Septemer 2014, Monday
Place : Constitution Club, New Delhi
Participants : National and State Leaders of Central Trade Unions and National Federations.
Mob: 09447068125e-mail: email@example.com
NO. CONF/GENL/2014 DATED - 11-09-2014
The Cabinet Secretary
Government of India
Cabinet Secretariat, Rashtrapati Bhawan,
New Delhi – 110001
Sub: - Declaration of assets and liabilities by Govt. Employees - exhibiting the details of movable assets in the website - regarding.
All the Central Govt. employees, as per the latest order of the Department of Personnel & Training (DOP&T) have to declare their assets and liabilities, both movable and immovable, as well as their spouses and dependents latest by 15th December 2014. All these informations would be then be put up by the respective ministries on their website accessible to everyone.
A large number of Central Govt. Employees have expressed their fear that putting up details of movable assets such as jewellery and cash in hand and bank would pose a security threat to them and their dependents, leave their children vulnerable to kidnapping and ransom demands.
There are various sources the Government employees would have accumulated wealth such as gift from parents, grandparents property, self-earning, wife-side property, or children’s contribution etc. Putting this information in the public domain would leave them and their family members vulnerable.
It is therefore requested that necessary action may be taken in this regard, so that all such information as stated above shall not be displayed on public domain.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
POSTAL JCA STRUGGLE PROGRAMME
MAKE IT A GRAND SUCCESS
GET READY FOR STRIKE IF DEMANDS ARE NOT SETTLED
Central JCA (NFPE & FNPO) congratulates Five Lakhs Postal & RMS employees including Gramin Dak Sewaks and Casual Contingent Employees for making the first phase of Nationwide agtational programme a Grand Success. Reports are pouring in the CHQ that the mass demonstration and submission of 39 Points Charter of Demands was conducted in almost all divisions and Circles with large participation of employees.
Central JCA requests all Circle/Divisional/Branch secretaries to organize the following next phases of struggle programme also in a grand manner.
II-Phase – 24.09.2014 – Mass Dharna in front of all Postal/RMS Divisional offices
III-Phase – 27th to 31st October 2014 – Relay Dharna in front of all ROs/COs
IV-Phase – 10.12.2014 – Massive Parliament March of 20,000 Postal & RMS employees including Gramin Dak Sewaks and Casual Contingent Employees.
Please start intensive campaign and preparations now onwards. Please ensure that maximum employees from each divisions participate in the Parliament March to be held on 10.12.2014. Please book the Up & Down travel Ticket well in advance
MEMBERSHIP OF CANTEEN EMPLOYEES - AN APPEAL TO ALL AFFILIATES OF CONFEDERATION
As you are aware. “All India Central Govt. Canteen Employees & Workers Association” is the only recognised association of Canteen Employees in the Central Govt. Departments. This Association is affiliated to Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers.
It is reported that in some departments the canteen employees are enrolled as members of organisations other than those of canteen employees, eventhough it is not permissible as per rules. Canteen employees have a separate identity and there nature of duties are different from other categories of employees of Central Govt. The grievances and problems of canteen employees can be better understood and solved by the “All India Central govt. Canteen Employees & Workers Association”.
All affiliated organisations of Confederation are requested to take necessary action to ensure enrolement of canteen employees membership in the above mentioned Association only. Full address and phone number of the Secretary General is furnished below:
Com: Jogesh Chandra Nayak
All India Central Govt. Canteen Employees & Workers Association
AG Departmental Canteen
O/o Principal AG (A&E) ODISHA