JOINT CIRCLE COUNCIL MEETING OF KARNATAKA CIRCLE ON 28-29 AUGUST-2022 AT BANGALORE
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
SB ORDER 14/2022 - REGARDING INTRODUCTION OF THE ONLINE ACCOUNT OPENING AND CLOSURE THROUGH DOP INTERNET BANKING FOR PUBLIC PROVIDENT FUND (PPF) ACCOUNTS
(Click the link below to view)
Monday, August 29, 2022
PROMOTION/TRANSFERS/POSTINGS IN THE SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE GRADE (SAG) OF THE INDIAN POSTAL SERVICE (IPOS), GROUP 'A'
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW)
Saturday, August 27, 2022
PA / SA Recruitment Rules 2022 - Gazette Notification dtd 17/06/2022
Through Gazette notification dated 17.06.2022, revised recruitment rules for Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant cadre has been announced. Some key features include:
i. 40% through LGO exam amongst departmental cadre, failing which it will be filled by GDS
ii. Maximum age limit for GDS is 40 years
iii. Total of 8 years of service (inclusive of GDS service) is the eligibility for officials in Level1, Level2 & Level 3 cadre officials
iv. 60% through open market
Complete recruitment rulings can be viewed
Download PDF ( 29 Pages)
Memo for compassionate Engagement to GDS for the month of May & June 2022. Click https://utilities.cept.gov.in//dop/pdfbind.ashx?id=7080
Friday, August 26, 2022
MACP Scheme from 01.09.2008, Financial upgradation in next grade not in promotional hierarchy: Supreme Court in C.A. No.-005545 /2022 Judgement date 22.08.2022
- Judgement Date: 22-08-2022
- Diary Number 22508 / 2021
- Case Number C.A. No.-005545-005545 / 2022
- Petitioner Name UNION OF INDIA
- Respondent Name EX. HC/GD VIRENDER SINGH
- Petitioner’s Advocate B. V. BALARAM DAS
- Respondent’s Advocate
Bench HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SANJIV KHANNA, HON’BLE MS. JUSTICE BELA M. TRIVEDI
- Judgment By HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SANJIV KHANNA
- Matter raised:-
2. ….. Appeals by way of special leave raise three issues, all of which are connected and relate to the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme, namely:
(a) Whether the MACP Scheme is applicable and to be implemented with effect from 1st January 2006, the date from which the Central Civil Service (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 were enforced, or in terms of O.M. dated 19th May 2009 with effect from 1st September 2009?
(b) Whether under the MACP Scheme the respondents are entitled to financial upgradation equivalent to the pay scale/grade pay of the next promotional post in the hierarchy, or the immediate next grade pay in the hierarchy of the pay bands as stated in Section 1, Part A of the First Schedule to the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008?
(c) Whether the respondents, who belong to the Central Armed Police Forces, are entitled to grant of financial upgradation under the MACP Scheme, if for administrative reasons they were unable to fulfil the pre-proportional norms?
- It can be stated that the MACP Scheme, like the ACP Scheme, is an incentive scheme devised with the object of ensuring that the employees who have stagnated for lack of adequate promotional avenues are given benefit in the form of financial upgradation.
- The financial upgradation is personal, does not amount to regular or actual functional promotion, and does not require creation of a new post.
- Financial upgradation is granted to only those employees who have not received actual or functional promotion even after completion of the requisite service period, though otherwise, they fulfil the prescribed conditions for promotion.
- Under the MACP Scheme, an employee is entitled to three financial upgradations on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years of regular service to the next higher grade pay in the hierarchy of the pay bands and grade pay as given in Section 1, Part A of the First Schedule of the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008.
- Sixth Central Pay Commission to bring systematic changes in the erstwhile ACP Scheme so that all employees, irrespective of the existing hierarchical structure in their organisations/cadres, get identical financial benefit of the next immediate grade pay instead of the pay/grade pay applicable to the next promotional post.
- The ACP Scheme and MACP Schemes were held to be in the nature of incentive schemes to relieve stagnation and not as a part of pay structure, which had revised the pay and the dearness allowance with effect from 1.1.2006.
- A liberal, pragmatic and ameliorative approach is required to succour genuine grievances of the personnel doing duty for the nation, owing to which they forgo participation in pre-promotional courses.
- Judgement in view of discussions:-
12. ………………. the appeals filed by the Union of India are partly allowed and impugned judgments, to the extent they hold that the MACP Scheme applies with effect from 1.1.2006 and that under the MACP Scheme the employees are entitled to financial upgradation equivalent to the next promotional post, are set aside. MACP Scheme is applicable with effect from 1.9.2008 and as per the MACP Scheme, the entitlement is to financial upgradation equivalent to the immediate next grade pay in the hierarchy of the pay bands as stated in Section 1, Part A of the First Schedule to the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008. The third issue, which relates to the fulfilment of pre-promotional norms for grant of financial upgradation, is decided against the appellant-Union of India to the extent that this would not be insisted in the case of the Central Armed Forces personnel where, for administrative or other reasons, they could not be sent or undergo the pre-promotional course. All pending applications are disposed of.Click here to view/download the Judgement
Thursday, August 25, 2022
Monday, August 22, 2022
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Thursday, August 18, 2022
SB ORDER NO.13/2022 - REGARDING INTRODUCTION OF THE ONLINE ACCOUNT OPENING AND CLOSURE THROUGH DOP INTERNET BANKING FOR NSC (VIII ISSUE) AND KVP (CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW)
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
RESERVATION FOR DIFFERENTLY-ABLED PERSONS IN PROMOTION TO THE POSTS AND SERVICES OF THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT, UPTO THE LOWEST RUNG OF GROUP ‘A’ – LOK SABHA QA
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING)
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2953
(TO BE ANSWERED ON 03.08.2022)
RESERVATION FOR DIFFERENTLY-ABLED PERSONS
2953. SHRI N.K. PREMACHANDRAN:
Will the PRIME MINISTER be pleased to state:
(a) whether the Union Government issued orders/ directions to implement the Supreme Court order for the reservation to the differently-abled persons in Central Government service; and
(b) if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS AND MINISTER OF STATE IN THE PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE (DR. JITENDRA SINGH)
(a) & (b): The Supreme Court, vide its order, dated 28.9.2021, in the matter of ‘Siddaraju vs. State of Karnataka’, directed the Government to issue instructions regarding reservation in promotion, as provided in Section 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Accordingly, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has issued instructions, vide Office Memorandum No. 36012/1/2020-Estt.(Res.-I]), dated 17.05.2022, providing reservation in promotion to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs) in the posts and services of the Central Government, upto the lowest rung of Group ‘A’.
In the matter of reservation to PwBDs in direct recruitment to the posts and services of the Central Government, instructions have already been issued by DoPT, vide Office Memorandum No.36035/02/2017-Estt(Res), dated 15.01.2018.
Source: Lok Sabha
VERY SAD NEWS
Smt Snigdha Nandy, wife of Com Santanu Nandy, President, RIII union died today morning. She was 37 years only.
She has long been suffering from Kidney allied problems.
Com Santanu has tried his best for her treatment.
However, it’s painful news to us. We pay tributes to departed wife of Com Santanu.
We express deep condolences and stand by Com Santanu and his only son.
PROVISIONAL ANSWER KEYS FOR GDS / LDCE TO PA/ SA EXAM HELD ON 07/08/2022 - ALL CIRCLE
Provisional Answer Keys for PA/ SA Exam held on 07/08/2022 - All Circle
Saturday, August 13, 2022
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) FOR THE CONDUCT OF LIMITED DEPARTMENTAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS (LDCES/ COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS) (CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW)
Promotion and Posting to Higher Administrative Grade (HAG) of IPoS (CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW)
TRANSFERS/POSTINGS IN JAG OF IPOS, GROUP ‘A’ - DIRECTORATE ORDER DTD 12/08/2022
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW)
TRANSFER/POSTING OF OFFICERS OF POSTAL SERVICES GROUP 'B' CADRE - DIRECTORATE ORDER DTD 12/08/2022 (CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW)
SANCTIONED STRENGTH OF POSTS IN VARIOUS CADRES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF POSTS AS ON 01.08.2022: DOP ORDER DATED 11.08.2022
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW)
Download PDF (17 pages)
Source & Read more : https://utilities.cept.gov.in//dop/pdfbind.ashx?id=703
Wednesday, August 10, 2022