“EMPTY VESSELS MAKE MUCH NOISE”
WHY SHRI MAHADEVAIAH HAS LOST HIS MENTAL BALANCE AND USING FILTHY AND UNPARLIAMENTARY WORDS AGAINST SECRETARY GENERAL, NFPE?
“GDS COMRADES REJECTED THE WORDS OFBARKING DOG KRISHNAN……………… SHAMELESS, MORALLESS, MEAN, WORST AND PARASITE CREATURE KRISHNAN AGAIN STARTED TO MAKE FALSE, PROPAGANDA AGAINST AIGDSU …………… WE DON’T KNOW WHY THIS NARROW MINDED KRISHNAN GOT FEAR ABOUT AIGDSU. EVERY BODY KNOWS HE IS A BARKING DOG…………. WHO CARES ABOUT THE BARKING OF THIS DOG.”
The above are the words of Shri. Mahadevaiah, General Secretary of the so-called recognised (!!) GDS Union exhibited in his website on 18.02.2014. He is calling Com. M. Krishnan, Secretary General, NFPE & Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers and General Secretary, AIPEU Group ‘C’ (CHQ) as “BARKING DOG”. Never in the history of Postal Trade Union movement a General Secretary of a union has used such filthy and unparliamentary words against any other leader.
Why Shri Mahadevaiah has lost his mental balance?
1. This Leader thought that he can continue his anti-NFPE propaganda and remain as the leader of three lakhs GDS forever.
2. Those who love NFPE tolerated his anti-NFPE propaganda for more than 12 years and in the Amravathi All India Conference of GDS their protest and anger burst out and formed a new union called AIPEU-GDS (NFPE). Corruption was one of the main issue focused by the delegates who formed the new union.
3. NFPE gave “Associated membership” to the new GDS Union. The decision was ratified by the Hyderabad Federal Council of NFPE, the highest decision making body of NFPE.
4. Within a short span of two years the new GDS union formed Divisional Branches and Circle Branches in 80% of the Circles and Divisions. In many circles including Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal etc. more than 90% to 100% GDS joined the new GDS Union. In other Circles 60 to 80% GDS joined the NFPE GDS Union.
5. When the base of the so-called recognised (!!) Union and its leader started eroding very fast, they started malicious propaganda against Secretary General, NFPE. Com. M. Krishnan and then General Secretary of AIPEU Group ‘C’ (CHQ) Com. K. V. Sridharan.
6. Till the new GDS Union was formed all the GDS used to follow the directions of Shri Mahadevaiah eventhough they were well aware of the hidden agenda of the leader and his anti-NFPE lobby as they have no alternative at that time.
7. The newly formed GDS Union (AIPEU-GDS NFPE) started organizing agitational programmes jointly with NFPE and its affiliated unions. Regular employees and GDS employees again started organizing joint programmes under the banner of NFPE. The new Union organised phased programme of action on 36 points charter of demands including departmentalisation and civil servant status to GDS and decided to organize a massive parliament march exclusively on GDS demands on 11thDecember 2013. More than 10000 GDS from all Circles participated in the historic parliament march.
8. Much worried about the decision of NFPE GDS Union’s Parliament march Shri. Mahadevaiah suddenly announced that he will also conduct Parliament March on 12thDecember 2013. Actually on 12th December 2013, all the Central Trade Unions together has conducted a massive Parliament march in which about more than three lakhs workers belonging to INTUC, BMS, CITU, AITUC HMS etc participated. NFPE, AIPEU GDS-NFPE & Confederation also participated in the Central Trade Union’s Parliament March. On that day no other Parliament March was possible as the entire streets of Delhi was filled with Central TU workers and that is why NFPE. GDS Union conducted Parliament March on 11th December. Shri. Mahadevaiah’s GDS Union put one big banner at the side of the Central Trade Union Parliament March and look photos and claimed that more than 10000 GDS participated. (!!!) Only 300 GDS participated. But in the photos other workers of Central Trade Unions are shown behind the banner. Eventhough NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) has witnessed the actual number of GDS behind the banner of Shri. Mahadeviah, we have not exposed him at that time. Similarly everybody in Delhi Knows that the Agarwal Dharmshala, Model Town where Shri. Mahadevaiah conducted his National convention on 13.12.2013, has a maximum capacity of 400 only. The hall cannot accommodate more than that. But Shri. Mahadevaiah propagated that more than 10000 GDS participated in the convention. Those who participated know the correct figure which is less than 500.
Everytime Shri. Mahadevaiah conducted this type of Goebelsian false propaganda and many innocent GDS who are not witnessing these programmes used to believe it.
9. Confederation and NFPE decided to conduct one day’s All India strike on 12th December 2012 on 15 point charter of demands in which GDS demands including Bonus-ceiling raising are included as main demands. Shri. Mahadevaiah’s GDS Union has not joined this strike. He has not given strike notice also. Again Confederation and NFPE declared two days strike on 12th & 13th February 2014. Departmentalisation and grant of Civil Servant status, Inclusion of GDS under the terms of reference of 7th Central Pay Commission are the main demands of February 12th & 13th strike. The strike was a marvelous success. More than 80% of the Departmental and GDS employees went on strike on two days. Shri Mahadevaiah has refused to join this two days strike also and has not given any strike notice.
10. Thus the “Divide and Rule” policy and hidden agenda of Shri Mahadevaiah was exposed and defeated by the Departmental employees and GDS employees. Even the figures available with the Department proved beyond doubt that in all the 22 circle majority of the GDS participated in the two days strike on 12th & 13th Feb 2014. In some circles the participation of GDS was 100%. Thus the hollowness of the claim of Shri Mahadevaiah that he is the biggest union has been exposed even before the Government and the department.
11. As a face-saving exercise Shri Mhadevaiah called for indefinite strike from 18th Feb 2014. Again he want to split the GDS and Regular employees. After the emergence of new GDS Union (AIPE-GDS NFPE), the base of Shri Mahadevaiah has started eroding day-by day and during and after the two days strike of NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) it reached its peak. By that time majority of GDS has already joined AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) and everybody including the Government and Department knew that the so called recognised (?) GDS Union of Shri. Mahadevaiah is a dead horse.
12. The first day of Shri Mahadevaiah’s strike on 18.02.2014 proved the above facts beyond and iota of doubt. In majority of circles the strike is below 20% In Kerala and West Bengal there is no strike at all. In Uttar Pradesh the strike percentage is 1%. As we know very well from our past experience narrated above, that if NFPE keep quiet and do not tell the truth to the employees, Shri Mahadevaiah will go on propagating “100% strike 100% strike everywhere” and innocent GDS may believe it. So we decided to put an end to this Goebelsion tactics and placed the strike percentage received from Circles in our website to put the records straight.
13. To show how false propaganda is made by Shri Mahadevaiah through his journal we will give one example. (We can give many such examples). In his journal’ Rural Postal Employees” (Feb 2014) Shri Mahadevaiah published an article in Hindi written by his Guru and Mentor Shri Govind Singh Asiwal (G. S. Asiwal). In the article the following lines are written.
“Recently in West Bengal and Kerala Circle 6 + 5 Thousand GDS has joined Mahadevaiah’s GDS Union.” (translation).”
Meaning “due to the effort of Shri Mahadevaiah 6000 GDS in West Bengal and 5000 GDS in kerala joined his GDS Union.”
In Kerala and West Bengal all the GDS were in Mahadevaiah’s GDS Union. After formation of the new AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) union 100% GDS left the Mahadevaiah union and joined NFPE GDS Union.
Shri Mahadevaiah formed his GDS Union in Kerala with the help of less than 20 GDS who resigned from other GDS Unions due to their internal problems. Not even a single NFPE GDS member has joined Mahadevaiah. Any GDS employee or anybody from Mahadevaiah Union can ask under RTI to Chief PMG Kerala and verify it. We challenge Shri Asiwal and Shri. Mahadevaiah to prove their claim of 5000. Same is the case with West Bengal also. The very fact that no GDs went on strike on 18th Feb or 19th Feb in West Bengal & Kerala itself proves that there is no Mahadevaiah GDS Union in West Bengal and Kerala. This is the model of false propaganda of Shri Mahadevaiah and his group.
14. This time NFPE decided to expose their false claim as otherwise innocent GDS will be misguided and we did it. Shri Mahadeviah has never expected this. He thought this time also he can continue his lies and fool the GDS without conducting any serious strike at grass root level. In his own Karnataka circle about 50% GDS rejected his strike call. And in Madhya Pradesh, his Guru’s Circle only less than 20% went on strike. Thus the “paper castles built by lies” started collapsing one by one and it is total panicky in Mahadevaiah’s camp.
15. In the coming days Shri Mahadevaiah is going to face his “Waterloo”
We are confident that in the next membership verification the newly formed GDS Union of NFPE (AIPEU-GDS NFPE) will become the number one union and the Mahadevaiah union is going to face its “Waterloo”. Confederation and NFPE has already declared indefinite strike in the month of June 2014 immediately after the formation of new Government, whichever party’s Government may come to power, demanding settlement of 15 point charter of demands in which GDS Departmentalisation and civil servant status is one of the main demand. NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) have declared the biggest mass protest of 50000 (Fifty thousand) GDS in front of Parliament in the month of September 2014. Before that an All India “GDS liberation March” lead by NFPE & AIPEU GDS (NFPE) leaders covering all the 22 circles will be organised.
16. We are fighting both legally and organizationally.
As all of you are aware first time in the history of GDS NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) has filed writ petition in the Hon’ble Supreme Court (Writ Petition No. WP (Civil) No. 1003 of 2013) requesting implementation of the 1977 Supreme Court judgment and grant of Civil Servant status and all other benefits of departmental employees to 2.76 lakhs Gramin Dak Sevaks. The Hon’ble Supreme Court have pleased to direct the Delhi High Court to hear the writ petition and decide the case on behalf of three lakhs GDS. Accordingly the writ petition stands transferred to Delhi High Court and registered under WP (Civil) No. 168 of 2014. The First hearing of the case was held on 13.12.2013 and the Hon’ble High Court directed to issue notice to the Government and Department of Posts. The next hearing of the case is on 07.05.2014. We believe that the judgment in this case will be a turning point in the history of the GDS. Eventhough Shri. Mahadevaiah is the General Secretary of the so called recognised (?) GDS Union from 1999 onwards (15 years) he could not file a writ petition in the Supreme Court requesting implementation of 1977 Judgment. He spent the entire money and period carrying out anti NFPE propaganda. The new GDS Union of NFPE has done it, within two years of its formation eventhough they have no money.
17. First time the Government was compelled to include GDS issues in the agenda for discussion of JCM National council.
Due to the effort made by NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) through Com. S. K. Vyas, the legendary leader of Central Government Employees & Advisor Confederation, first time in the history of JCM, the Government (DOP&T) was compelled to admit the GDS items in the agenda of the items to be discussed in the JCM National Council.
18. And now, as an impact of the two day’s strike of February 12th & 13th of 80 to 100% employees (both Departmental & GDS) the Postal Board has referred the demand of NFPE & FNPO and the GDS Union of NFPE/FNPO for inclusion of GDS under the terms of reference of 7th CPC, to the Departmental of personnel & Training (DOP&T) for decision. Secretary, Department of Posts has written a letter to Secretary General NFPE & FNPO communicating the above decision.
19. AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) obtained stay order from CAT against abolition of posts and Department issued order keeping in abeyance the abolition of more than 5000 Postmen and MTS Posts, which are promotional Posts of GDS.
As per the orders of the DOP&T Postal Departmental issued orders for abolition of about 5000 Postmen and MTS posts for the period from 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 thus affecting the promotional chances of 5000 GDS. The new GDS Union AIPEU GDS (NFPE) filed a case in the CAT principal Bench Delhi along with the P4 Unions of NFPE and FNPO and got stay orders. The department dragged the implementation of CAT order and AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) filed contempt petition with P4 against the department. Finally Department (Directorate) issued orders not to abolish any Postmen/MTS posts and to keep the abolition order in abeyance. Mahadevaiah GDS Union has not done anything when thousands of posts are abolished from 2001 onwards. Now also they are sleeping and NFPE GDS union which is formed just two years back has done it.
20. AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) and NFPE conducted one day strike on 12th December 2012 in which the raising of bonus ceiling of GDS to 3500 was main demand. Secretary General of NFPE & FNPO met the Minister Communications and the Minister assured to recommend the case and sent the file to Finance. Secretary, Department of Posts also took a favourable stand. Knowing very well that the Minister has agreed to recommend the case, due to the effort made by Secretary Generals of NFPE & FNPO, Mahadevaiah GDS Union conducted a fragmented strike and unconditionally withdrawn the strike even without any discussion with Postal Board. Due to the effort and follow up action taken by NFPE & FNPO, the Bonus ceiling was raised. Mahadevaiah group tried their best to claim the credit for it, but majority GDS who understood the truth did not believe it.
21. Time and again, history has proved that all those who cheated the NFPE and tried to break the unity of departmental employees and GDS, after getting elevated to the General Secretary posts with the help of NFPE, are thrown to the dustbin of history. Shri Mahadevaiah was made as General Secretary of the GDS Union by Com. Adinarayana and other top leaders of NFPE. After reaching Delhi, he started joining hands with the anti-NFPE lobby and hijacked the GDS Union to anti NFPE camp and made it his “Private Limited company”. But history has its own rule and that is how new GDS Union (AIPEU-GDS NFPE) has emerged upholding the truth and the tradition of our great and glorious organisation NFPE. The days of those “anti-NFPE slogan walas” are counted and the new GDS Union of NFPE shall lead the entire GDS in future. No force on earth can prevent it. And no filthy language or unparliamentary words can deter NFPE and AIPEU-GDs (NFPE) from its onward march for the liberation of 2.76 lakhs Gramin Dak Sevaks.
“Let Empty Vessels Make Much Noise, But NFPE and AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) leadership will not be provoked by such slanderous write ups and we will always keep the decency and decorum which is the hallmark of NFPE leadership right from Com. Tarapada Mukherjee to Com. Dada Ghosh to Com. K. G. Bose to Com. Adinarayana and N. J. Iyer and other leaders who lead the Great Postal Trade Union movement.
National Federation of Postal Employees
(Remaining parts will be published later if required)