Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Posted On: 16 DEC 2021 3:39PM by PIB Delhi
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said, during the last four years, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare has conducted 5 Pensioners’ Awareness Workshops towards the schemes aimed at Pensioners’ Welfare across the country.
In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today, DrJitendra Singh informed that apart from 5 workshops, 15 Pre-retirement Counseling (PRCs) Workshops and 8 Workshops for Training of Trainers (TOTs) were also conducted during the period.
The Department also utilizes the Social Media Platforms i.e., Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Awareness regarding important orders as well as pension rules are done through social media for the benefit of pensioners. Theme-based series of Tweets in Q & A form were carried on ‘Family Pension’ Rules, Know your retirement benefits, Life Certificate Rules etc. Family Pension entitlements and Doorstep Service for Digital Life Certificate (DLC) carried out through short animated videos on YouTube.
The Minister also informed that the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, has been conducting online conferences/ interactions for the pensioners. The conferences included the following:
- An online workshop covering Pensioners from ten (10) different cities of Northern region was held on 07.09.2021. Another workshop was held on 28.10.2021 which covered pensioners from various cities in India.
- Pension Rules and use of Digital Life Certificate (JeevanPramaan) were demonstrated during both the workshops.
- First ever on-line All India Pension Adalat held in December 2020 by leveraging technology through Video Conferencing.
- For ensuring preventive health care of pensioners living in 20 Indian cities, an online programme was organized during which Yoga professional gave a demonstration to Pensioners in order to boost immunity during lockdown and to stay fit.
- To address the psychological health of pensioners, this Department had scheduled an interactive session on the topic “Power of Thoughts and Meditation in COVID-19 pandemic”.
The Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare has released the following e-publications for Ease of Pensioners:
i. A handbook on Family Pension
ii. Compendiums 2019 & 2020
iii. Consolidated instructions on 7th CPC related orders
iv. Clickable e-book on Retirement benefits.
vi. Ease of Life for Pensioners-Digital Life Certificate.
SNC/RR (Release ID: 1782230)