P-IV/CHQ/JCA/(14)/2018-20 Dated 27-09-2019
Dr. A. N. Nanda IPo’S
Department of Posts
Subject: NOTICE OF AGITATION AND STRIKE BY JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION: CASE OF
MAHARASHTRA & GOA CIRCLE
In this connection it is brought to your kind notice that Maharashtra and Goa Circle has issued notice of Agitation and strike by Joint Council of Action vide No P-IV/JCA/Agi/Strike/Sep-1 dated 19/09/2019 addressed to Shri Harish Agarwal (IPS) Chief Postmaster General Maharashtra & Goa Circle Mumbai GPOMumbai with copy marked to all concerned (photocopy enclosed)
The burning demands of the strike notice is relating to the following issues:-
(1) To fill up all vacant post of postmen, MTS, Mailguard and GDS
(2) Immediate drawl of arrears of Notional Monetary Benefit to all Postmen, Mail Guard, Retired Postmen Mail Guard and all eligible Postal Assistant who were postmen at the time of order on effecting date.
(3) Stop Nodal E-Commerce delivery
(4) Re-start of L-35 Section in R.M.S Wing
(5) Revised Wages of all daily wages staff as per Labour Commissioner’s latest order
(6) Issue of Sunday and Holiday Payment for GDS candidates who are working on vacant post of Postmen & MTS
(7) All other legitimate demand which were earlier assured by the administration.
In order to fulfill the above demand the following phase-wise three agitaional program will be observed and finally indefinite strike, commencing from 21st Nov 2019 (Thursday), if no action was taken to settle the demands given above:-
1) Proposed one day on duty Hunger Fast by all members on 15th October 2019
2) Proposed Agitation in front of All Division Offices in Maharashtra and Goa Circle on 18th October 2019 from 16.00 Hrs. to 18.00 Hrs.
3) One day token strike on 24th October 2019 (Thursday) from 6.00 A.M. to 12.00 P.M
4) If our legitimate demands were not settled which may result indefinite strike w.e.f. 21st November 2019 (Thursday) for which department will be held responsible for bitter consequences, if any.
The altogether burning problems coupled with agitaional program time and again of Maharashtra Circle as mentioned above were also brought to the notice of your office vide this CHQ letters as under:-
a) No P-IV/CHQ/14-Mumbai SD/2014 Dated 23rd July 2014
(b) No P-IV/CHQ/Agitation Notice/2016 Dated 19th Sept 2016
(c) No P-IV/CHQ/14/Agitation/Strike/2017 Dated 14th June 2017
(d) No P-IV/CHQ/14/Agitation-Strike-1/2018-20 Dated 17TH July 2018
(e) No P-V/CHQ/ 14/2018-20 Dated 07th April 2019
(f) No P-V/CHQ/ 14/2018-20 Dated 30th April 2019.
Despite protracted correspondence on every agitaional programe, the Chief PMG Maharashtra Circle always assured to fulfill the legitimate demands within stipulated period, but no action was taken to ease the situation. Under the circumstances it has been decided to go on phase-wise programme and finally indefinite strike as per Maharashtra Circle Joint Council Action Notice as mentioned above have been served on 19th Sept 2019.
The situation of Maharashtra Circle is becoming from bad to worse day by day because there is absolute apathy from the administration to come forward to wipe the tears of the aggrieved employees to look into the genuine problems and settle them immediately without betraying the assurance given by the administration.
We would urge upon you to kindly intervene personally and direct the authority to get the problems, as mentioned above, solved on war footing in the interest of employees and department as well assuring peaceful working environment being the moral duty of the administration at all times. So far the indefinite strike proposed to commence from 21st Nov 2019, if no action to avert the situation, the department will be held solely responsible for bitter consequences.
A line of reply for the action being taken in this regard will be highly appreciated and acknowledge this communication.